[foundation-board] thoughts on new staff

Jo Walsh metazool at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 16:52:16 UTC 2010

Half-finished email from yesterday:

On probation: Ian mentioned that the Board shouldn't be "micro-managing"
the coordinator, engaging with review after probation etc.

Perhaps the suggestion is micro-managing but I see it as extra support
for Rufus, who is loaded with responsibility to make judgement calls and
to help OKF staff with any problems they have.

The Projects Coordinator is a special case as I expect they would be
responsible for managing contractors, etc.

Given OKF is scaling upwards, having Rufus as the only point of contact
for growing number of people working for OKF is still not addressing the
"Rufus doesn't scale" problem ...