[okfn-coord] WhoKnowsWho @ the OKF (confidential)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Feb 24 19:26:31 UTC 2010

On 29 January 2010 14:29, Jordan S Hatcher <jordan at opencontentlawyer.com> wrote:
> On 19 Jan 2010, at 07:48, Jordan S Hatcher wrote:
[...]
>>> Jordan: if you could do this that would be great ...
>
> I've now done this.

First: a big thank-you for doing this Jordan. I've snipped your
summary as we've now discussed this pretty thoroughly in a couple of
board meetings and atm it seems hosting WKW is pretty much a no-go ...

[...]

> Two final points:
>
> * I should have guessed beforehand, but Francis needs to formally engage with OKFN even for this type of advice session.  He's presented me with a client care letter to sign on behalf of OKF, and unless there is any objection, I will sign for the organisation and return to him ASAP.  There is no fee for the time he spent with me on Tuesday

Let's do this asap. Jordan I think it would be fine for you to sign
this on behalf of the OKF but I'm also happy to do it.

> * Speaking of fees, Francis's rates are very reasonable for non-profits (100/hour), and he is very interested in helping us out as much as possible.  I think we should look to pay Francis if we need anything further from him.  He said he'd love to be paid, but would do some help for us for free.  I think to make sure we maintain him as a resource for OKF that we should look to move ourselves into the "paying client" column in his ledger as it means we can continue to get high quality advice for reasonable rates.

100% agree here. The rate is very reasonable and he sounds very helpful.

Regards,

Open Knowledge Foundation