[okfn-coord] Large phone bill from Advisory Board Member...

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed Jan 13 20:19:34 UTC 2010

> We could consider going back to Skype - perhaps I've just forgotten
> how poor the quality of Skype conferencing audio is.

You know, Jonny and I and 3 people from the Centre for Geospatial
Science in Nottingham had a conf call on Skype today, and the audio
quality was fine. No funny feedback, no constant dropping out, not
like I remember it being a year ago at all. Perhaps the quality of
experience deteriorates with number of participants but it was
honestly not that bad.

I would much rather pay for enhanced service via Skype or some
multichannel VOIP provider than I would YA exploitative telco service
provider.

love,

jo