[okfn-coord] Questions for EU project registration

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Mar 3 17:52:19 UTC 2010

Good news is that we now have a temporary PIC code. Bad news is that
we have to provide quite a bit of physical paperwork to have this
validated so that we can received EU project funding. Apparently its
*imperative* that we process the paperwork and get PIC code ASAP to
ensure that we are eligible for our share of the FP7 project funding.
So ideally we should aim to get this all sent off by *Friday*.

Details on what we need to do are at:

  http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/pp-valid_en.html

In particular we need:

  * For 'Public Entities': a copy of the resolution, law, decree,
decision or any other official document establishing your organisation
and if applicable, a copy of a document proving VAT registration (in
case the VAT number does not show on the registration extract or its
equivalent (of course the extract must not be older than 6 months).
  * the annual Balance sheet (1), the Profit and Loss accounts (2) and
their annexes indicating the number of declared employees and possible
ownership (3) for the last period (2007),
  * the completed and signed check-list  (4) – Download file ' SMEs
check list' [DOC]
  * Furthermore, in order to confirm that Research forms part of your
core business as well as you are a Non-Profit Entity, we will be very
grateful if you could provide us with any legal document which
mentions the research non-profit character of your organisation
according to its legal status.

Also regarding turnover and employees, at the moment - after
discussion I put '1' for employees, despite the fact that technically
we have no employees, only contractors. After discussing with Soeren,
he thought we should count more of our contractors as employees. So
shall I change this number? We might and might not include various
people who have engaged in paid work for OKF, including: Jonathan
Gray, David Read, John Bywater, Sara Wingate Gray, Lisa Evans, Jordan
Hatcher, Becky Hogge, Ben Harden, etc. Soeren also suggested we keep
this proportional to turnover. What do people think?

Finally for everyone's reference I've started a page on the wiki for
board's reference. This includes projected budget (€362,304)
breakdown, and original proposal document with a list of page numbers
and notes.

  http://okfn.org/board/wiki/LOD2

All the best,

Jonathan