[okfn-coord] Questions for EU project registration

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Mar 4 16:55:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Jo Walsh <jo at frot.org> wrote:
>> Also regarding turnover and employees, at the moment - after
>> discussion I put '1' for employees, despite the fact that technically
>> we have no employees, only contractors. After discussing with Soeren,
>> he thought we should count more of our contractors as employees.
>> Soeren also suggested we keep this proportional to turnover. What do
>> people think?
>
> That makes sense to me - at this stage the information is boilerplate (not
> pinned to work packages, expertise etc) so employees scaled up to match what
> we could theoretically afford would work out.

So perhaps we should put either 2 or 3 people and turnover of 10k.
Does this sound alright? Bearing in mind this has to correspond to the
accounts etc.

>> Finally for everyone's reference I've started a page on the wiki for
>> board's reference. This includes projected budget (€362,304)
>> breakdown, and original proposal document with a list of page numbers
>> and notes.
>>
>>   http://okfn.org/board/wiki/LOD2
>
> Hang on - that's *OKF's* budget, not the whole project budget?
> <slowly winches jaw back up off the desk>

I know. Big kudos to Soeren Auer's Herculean efforts in coordinating
this. In addition to slicing through all of the bureaucratic overhead
like a hot machete through butter (no mean feat) - he has also been
working his way through OKCon 2010 submissions on the Programme
Committee. He'll be in London for OKCon, and it would be great if we
could all grab a coffee/drink with him at some point! Also I know he's
keen to meet OPSI and Cabinet Office folk, so we should make sure he
gets introduced.

>> You are also kindly invited to launch the process for appointing the
>> Legal Entity Appointed Representative (LEAR) within your organisation.
>> The LEAR will be the responsible for the maintenance of your legal and
>> financial data of your organisation.
>> Please find downloadable forms and instructions for the appointment of
>> the LEAR on http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/pp-lear_en.html.
>
> Jonny, will this be you?

We will need someone to learn how all this stuff works and to handle
OKF's paperwork for the project (pretty unenviable). I spoke with
Rufus about this and am happy to take this on. Soeren has been very
supportive in answering questions and helping with process. Would also
be pleased if someone from the board was willing to be kept in the
loop, especially regarding finances.

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator