[foundation-board] New community person at OKF?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon May 31 10:21:21 UTC 2010

dear all,

On 30/05/2010 18:32, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> The main thing she would be helping with is to start building real
> momentum around our working groups. Key things are (i) continuing to
> catalyse projects/expand working groups: encouraging new people to
> contribute and pitch in with ideas, getting new people involved and so
> on, and (ii) helping to galvanise our existing community: building
> momentum, etc. I'm hoping to a certain extent she'll be like a pair of
> training wheels on a bike -- and she will help the OKF community to
> become more genuinely decentralised, with less dependence on a core
> group of people.

Jonny, thanks for giving us the heads-up about this. Stefanie sounds
great. Much benefit to having a mainland Europe staffer especially with
the German chapter now being formalised.

Seems very cheap - is that a good thing in the longer term?
Something that could be revised after 4/6 months.

Like the sound of a small team doing community coordination.
However i wonder about - tracking and reporting - these are not the
right words but you know the sort of thing i mean - liasion?

E.g. Rufus now has a *very* heavy people / project management load for
paid work - his life appears to be one long conference call - would
Stefanie be able to take some of this on?

What else could i suggest - a subset of the board that could have more
regular calls (say 1/2 hour fortnightly) to talk people and projects.
I'd volunteer. Would it help?

best,

jo