[foundation-board] Review of actions from F2F meeting

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Thu Sep 9 08:51:20 UTC 2010

On 8 Sep 2010, at 20:23, Rufus Pollock wrote:

> Quick updates.
>
> On 25 August 2010 20:36, Jo Walsh <metazool at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ACTION JH: standard contractor contract with explicit non payment terms
>> --> to be done when time available
>
> In progress I believe.

Yep -- first part of next week.

>> ACTION RP: repository of contracts
>> --> Is this something that it would be good for Rufus' PA to help with?
>> --> Can these just be attachments to project pages on wiki.okfn.org
>
> In progress. I'm cautious about all such contracts being public (for
> grants/agreements with public bodies I agree these should be public).

There will definitely be some contracts that we cannot make public.

I don't see how our subcontractors (Jonathan, board members, CKAN developers, etc) will want all their business affairs in public but something that we can talk about with the people involved and consider slowly introducing.

On the technical side, we can do a wiki but I think I'd prefer something a bit more geared towards document management.

>> ACTION: JH to enquire about project based reports in Xero.
>> ACTION: JH to enquire about a review from a professional on the setup of
>> Xero
>> --> done. Does the board need to do more to make agreement with contractor,
>> or can this just go ahead now.
>
> Not convinced what we will get from this person (having looked at her
> email). However, plan to have a chat.

It's not her it's one of her team that has a lot of experience setting up Xero.  It's not that much money and I would for one feel much more comfortable with the set up if we had a second set of experienced eyes on our account set up.

If it's not Urban Ledgers, then happy with someone else, as long as there is someone.

>> ACTION RP: check with accountant that we are paying HMRC they correct VAT
>> payments
>> --> Again is this something Rufus' PA can handle?
>
> This has been done. We are now up to date with VAT and have worked out
> how to do VAT properly in Xero.
>
>> ACTION JH: to become signatory
>> --> Query: if BH is Treasurer then BH should be signatory?
>>   Should we amend the minutes to reflect this?
>
> I think BH should be a signatory to. I am looking to get relevant
> forms for board meeting next week.

Already been liaising on this one.

~Jordan