[foundation-board] A modest proposal

Jo Walsh metazool at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 14:46:49 UTC 2010

Here is something i can propose to the board, then:

- OKF pays me 600 quid a month for a set short period - 3 months with a
review for another 3. This covers a half day to a day a week, depending
on what is happening, and what i seek from Paola and pay her for is my
own decision/responsibility and i will filter what's necessary.

- This is explicitly for the tasks incurred by chairing the Coord
Committee for that set time. Beyond 3 to 6 months i won't seek to be
paid, i would expect the situation to have got to a point where i don't
need to be (the workload is not so significant, someone else has been
directly hired by OKF to handle the load).

- I would completely reconsider my role both on coord and board after
that time has passed.

I wonder what people think. I'd still like to talk to Rufus.

 From a personal perspective; i am looking to cut back my office hours
so i have more flexibility for childcare as a part-time single mum.
There are other ways i could do this, e.g. by persuading EDINA to donate
a half day to a day a week of my (flexible) time to OSGeo, to head up
open data in education coordination efforts, which would return surplus
benefit to EDINA and help me develop reputation professionally. I would
rather *like* to do this, however getting OKF past the scaling trouble
time is a pretty high priority for me and i would like to stay very much
involved in the shorter term...

with love,

jo