[foundation-board] A modest proposal

Jo Walsh metazool at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 22:08:27 UTC 2010

dear all, just to clarify, I am serious about the proposal below.

You can not take me up on it, consider me to be over-involved, and i'd
accept that (so, note my ambivalence but also commitment). I see
problems, of course, but i do see wonderful things going on at the same
time. So the proposal is a short-term measure (like Rufus' hiring of
Mark) until someone can be hired to take on the tasks of:

# Create stubs for project documentation
# Encourage people to document their work
# Identify areas where projects and people need more support
# Work with people to create project plans and documentation
# Create an overview report of activity at least quarterly
# Help to spot opportunities for different project groups to work
together, or to learn from each other's experiences

I have found myself adopting these tasks because i want OKF to be Open,
(the vision seriously intends to stay, and so on). My personal concerns
are basically imaginary to you. I'm really sorry i can't make tomorrow.
Maybe i'll see a few of you in Berlin next month.

love,

jo