[foundation-board] A modest proposal

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Tue Sep 14 11:48:06 UTC 2010

Hi Jo

On 13 Sep 2010, at 23:08, Jo Walsh wrote:

> dear all, just to clarify, I am serious about the proposal below.

Thanks for the clarification -- I personally had no doubts that you were serious about it.  You've answered many of the questions I would have asked tonight at the board meeting.  I didn't know until yesterday that you wouldn't be on the phone for the meeting to discuss in detail...

BTW, I've added your proposal to the agenda for tonight on the wiki.

> You can not take me up on it, consider me to be over-involved, and i'd accept that (so, note my ambivalence but also commitment). I see problems, of course, but i do see wonderful things going on at the same time. So the proposal is a short-term measure (like Rufus' hiring of Mark) until someone can be hired to take on the tasks of:
>
> # Create stubs for project documentation
> # Encourage people to document their work
> # Identify areas where projects and people need more support
> # Work with people to create project plans and documentation
> # Create an overview report of activity at least quarterly
> # Help to spot opportunities for different project groups to work together, or to learn from each other's experiences

I was wondering if you could help flesh out the time commitment around the above that you've been dedicating to the OKF as part of your governance review so far?

Also, just so I can get a grip on the rates, is what you've suggested for 4 full 8.5 hour days a month (34 hours /month)?

Thanks

~Jordan