[foundation-board] OKF as host organisation for Marie Curie application

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Aug 2 14:47:34 UTC 2011

Hi all,

OKF Advisory Board members Peter Suber and Peter Murray-Rust have been
talking to a US Doctoral Student who is interested in applying for a
Marie Curie Fellowship, with the OKF as the host organisation. The
deadline for the application is 11th August. She was only informed
about this by Peter Suber a week or so ago, but has done the
groundwork to submit an application, and is going to be working hard
on this in the coming days.

Peter Murray-Rust has said he would be willing to be her mentor (in a
voluntary capacity, now that he is retired from the University of
Cambridge), and she is taking a lead on figuring out whether the OKF
is eligible to host this.

Is the board happy for her to pursue an application for the Fellowship
with the OKF, if such an application is possible? I asked her to
summarise her request, and am attaching her cover letter (to the OKF
board) and CV to this email.

All the best,

Jonathan