[foundation-board] Post board-meeting reflections

Jason Kitcat jason.kitcat at okfn.org
Wed Dec 14 17:15:33 UTC 2011

Dear Board

My apologies for not being able to make it to the meeting in person last night. I tried but a fatality on the line and a fire on a train combined to make my journey impossible, even after driving to Gatwick in an attempt to bypass the troubles.

As someone said at the meeting, OKF is a moving target - such is the pace of growth in projects and team members. It's an incredible team and the past few months have seen us working on an extraordinary number of successful bids and grant applications.

For me work on the EC open data portal bid has been particularly intensive the last few months, in addition to having a new baby and the intensive budget setting period in the council.

Last night's meeting brought home to me the realisation that on one day a week I cannot do justice to the projects and work that OKF urgently needs to progress at this time. Even contained projects like LOD2 and the EC portal need more presence, more travel and more involvement than I can offer at the moment. Furthermore my councillor duties are growing which only make finding the time harder.

I think OKF is a wonderful, inspiring place to work filled with incredible people, ideas and projects. There's nothing like it. But right now I can't offer what you need so I'd like to offer my notice to end my contract with OKF.

This will leave me until mid January to complete full handover with colleagues including Laura. I don't want to leave anything in the lurch.

I very much want to remain part of the OKF community in whatever way I'm able, supporting your work and wider objectives however I can.

All the best,
Jason

--
Jason Kitcat