[foundation-board] Sloan Grant for Economics Working Group Approved (was: Congratulations!)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Dec 15 20:07:42 UTC 2011

Dear Board,

After 1.5 years of on and off work with the Sloan Foundation we have
finally had our grant approved to support the development and work of
the Open Economics Working Group (please see email below from the
Program Officer).

I plan to query one condition vis-a-vis number of visitors (which
seems rather high) but otherwise the goals seem reasonable.

The full text of the approved proposal can be found here:

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gkl0WuNfJ7SHPc7yTZZLUJeAV67nQYDyCSm6Hw3XhwY/edit?authkey=COP0vdsC&hl=en_GB&authkey=COP0vdsC>

The legal Grant Agreement document (which includes some details of how
we can use funds) can be found here:

<https://docs.google.com/open?id=1s4GM_KwoTF4ggBayrrLVA5CghHQv7YDq9b7Aj7hyxnGTADwGN2h88RU9dxrM>

@Jordan: would you be able to cast your eye over the grant agreement
document. I cannot see anything obviously problematic with it myself
though we do need to keep the money in a separate account.

Rufus