[foundation-board] Thread with Iconomical (was: Fwd: terms of code release)

James Casbon casbon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 17:05:59 UTC 2011

On 1 February 2011 21:07, Jo Walsh <metazool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/02/2011 20:36, Rufus Pollock wrote:
>>
>> For the board's information. Here was the latest thread (stretching
>> back to November). There's obviously discussion prior to that.
>
> In short, they won't give you the code until you pay and you won't pay until
> they give you the code? Fun. Can't you both agree to do it at the same time
> (on Skype, with witnesses even?)

I think their terms are: """Since our invoice dated November 15th for
the amount of €13,150 (plus VAT) is long overdue, we suggest OKFN
arranges payment within 7 days. Iconomical will then release the
source code for the current version of the software within 24 hours of
receiving the money. The terms of release will include full permission
for further use by OKFN, under GPL as agreed, as well as retroactive
permission for premature use of the software (see above)."""