[foundation-board] Does OKF want to go for data.gov.eu tender?

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 16:59:21 UTC 2011

On 9 February 2011 12:56, paula le dieu <paula at ledieu.org> wrote:
> I agree with Jo's assessment and caveats. I think this is definitely worth
> pursuing but capacity planning and assessing our contribution to such a
> project is going to be key to making final call.

+1.

A thought - given the natural fit of this project with OKF's
activities and the potential returns for CKAN as outlined by Jason
might it be appropriate to investigate resourcing the bidding process
from operating surplus, rather than trying to stretch our existing
resources? For example, we could draft in someone with bidding
expertise to support Jonathan (I believe Rufus in contact already with
an experienced EU-level bidder who emerged from the Project
Coordinator recruitment process).

As ever, I'd be happier making that judgement if we had an approved
business plan and projected income for 2011 in place, but I'm hoping
that will be something Jason can support us in moving toward in the
first quarter of this year.

Best wishes

Becky