[foundation-board] Does OKF want to go for data.gov.eu tender?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Feb 10 19:57:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Becky Hogge <becky.hogge at gmail.com> wrote:
> A thought - given the natural fit of this project with OKF's
> activities and the potential returns for CKAN as outlined by Jason
> might it be appropriate to investigate resourcing the bidding process
> from operating surplus, rather than trying to stretch our existing
> resources? For example, we could draft in someone with bidding
> expertise to support Jonathan (I believe Rufus in contact already with
> an experienced EU-level bidder who emerged from the Project
> Coordinator recruitment process).

Unfortunately given the timeframe and the domain specific knowledge
required, I think getting external help is unlikely to be effective.
It might be that participating in tender is not very time consuming.
If we decide to go ahead (which I'm getting the sense the board thinks
is a good idea) I'll keep you all updated, of course.

J.