[foundation-board] Omidyar Slides v0.1

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 16:42:35 UTC 2011

Hi Rufus

These slides look great!

I had a few comments going through them:

-I would consider putting CKAN first. I think OKF needs to be
understood as a foundational element of the OKF community, and putting
tool development first might make us look peripheral rather than
foundational.
-I'd suggest we give opendatacommons its own slide. The combination of
CKAN and ODBL gives a good overall picture of what we mean by "tools"
in this space.
-"Top hit on Google for WG website OpenGovernmentData.org" (slide 9)
is a bit cryptic. Replace with "WG homepage is top hit on Google for
"open government data""?
-All the slides are so vibrant and eye-catching, that they make slide
10 look a bit bereft. Consider adding graphics?
-I find the "..." on slide 12 confusing - are you planning on adding more here?
-I have a couple of queries on the financial projections, which I'll
raise in response to Jason's email about this to us - basically, all I
want here is to be able to go into our two meetings with an account of
how we hope to achieve these targets.
-The metrics on the final slide are interesting - were these suggested
by Omidyar?

All the best

Becky