[foundation-board] Panton Fellowships operations - RFC

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Tue Jan 3 11:14:28 UTC 2012

Board,

With Shuttleworth support, the OKF wishes to offer Panton Fellowships
this year. As fellowships are a new endeavour for us, and with
"fellowship" a potentially loaded term, we wanted to run the
operational documents past the board (and particularly Jordan) in case
there are any red flags.

The first document below gives the programme outline, and the second
is a draft agreement we would expect Fellows to sign up to.  We have
followed existing practice from other bodies offering "additional"
fellowship-style support to researchers as far as possible.

Panton fellowships call for applicants:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rRNFX7mcg6t1UziGtE1Dx7wEBxyAKmxfHjIdwCyrdeg/edit

Panton Fellowships agreement:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sucuEeNBaPsR5G_piK-518o_AWanX1jxTkpM3j7KZ8M/edit

If I don't hear any concerns by Friday we'll move ahead to fix a
timetable for applications and put out the call.

Best regards,

Laura