[foundation-board] OKFN-DE funding proposal take two

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Jul 7 09:50:25 UTC 2012

On 6 July 2012 19:35, Laura James <laura.james at okfn.org> wrote:
> I'm afraid I've not been able to get responses from all board members as is
> required for an electronic resolution. Martin has been most helpful with
> phoning Paula & Jordan this week though, for which many thanks.
>
> I'll give it until tomorrow, but without responses in writing from everyone
> I will contact OKFN-DE tomorrow to say we were unable to approve their
> funding request at this time. I can point them at the seed funding

*Please* don't do this :-) This will really upset people and it will
sound like we've turned this down. Please can we wait to try and get
approval from board members.

> application form (for modest sums as agreed at the last board meeting) and
> encourage them to work with me/OKFN-UK to refine their major funding
> proposal. Even with careful handling,  I expect the negative response will
> be a blow to them and I'm not sure what the longer term impact on the
> chapter will be.

It will be really bad. Please don't do this :-)

@Fellow board members: please could you give your assent on this
matter (or dissent if that is how you feel!)

@Becky: I've already cast my vote in favour (see earlier email in this
thread) -- and had stated being in favour at the board meeting.

Rufus

PS: I also think we are going to have to revisit the methods for
electronic resolution

> Laura
>
> --
>
> Dr Laura James
> Foundation Coordinator, Open Knowledge Foundation
>
> http://okfn.org
>

> On 5 July 2012 16:01, Becky Hogge <becky.hogge at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can I ask where we are with this? Are other Board members awaiting an
>> answer to Martin's's enquiries before they cast a vote, has this
>> dropped off the radar, or has this been resolved through another
>> channel? I understood this was a matter of some urgency. I remain
>> happy to follow Laura's recommendations.

>> > What is this risk we are running? Is there a danger the group will
>> > collapse
>> > if we don't fund both proposals? Might it undergo a more financially
>> > astute
>> > collapse if we only fund one of them?
>> >

>> > Mk

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation