[foundation-board] OKFN-DE funding proposal take two

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Wed Jun 20 17:05:35 UTC 2012

> I'm happy to vote for the second of these right now, but I'd like more
> discussion of the causes behind Laura's lukewarm support for OKFN-DE's
> plans in her message on 13 June before supporting both; has much changed
> since last week?

Nothing has changed since last week.

My concerns are that the original proposal was judged weak by the board,
and despite some efforts the present version is little improved in the
aspects felt weak at the time(unclear figures; hard to tell what happens if
funding is not secured). As such I feel unable to back it strongly.
Nonetheless we run a risk if we do not offer some support; it seems the
group is struggling. I would hope that by offering a modest sum we show
goodwill, but also by applying conditions we encourage the group to pull
themselves together.

Laura