[foundation-board] Board meetings

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 10:12:17 UTC 2012

Hi all

Great to see you all on Tuesday. I agree we need to rethink the
length/timing of Board meetings in order to get through the agenda, if only
temporarily as we work on some of the issues flagged to us in Laura's
report. I can come earlier, and I can come to locations in Cambridge.
Moving the meetings to Cambridge seems sensible given how many of us
(particularly those of us who need to be with their employers until the
close of the working day) are located there or near there. But I also
highly value Paula and Martin's participation in meetings, and would not
want to lose out on this if we moved locations.

Should we also be considering meeting more frequently, or alternatively
meeting quarterly, but for half-days on the weekend?

And how can we work on the agenda/our practice at future meetings, such
that we can make sure we cover the things that are really important in the
right level of detail, and that we ensure we are not holding up
developments further down the organisation?

For my part, I am hoping to connect with Laura and Rufus next week, to
discuss some of the issues we failed to get to on Tuesday.

Yours with warm wishes

Becky