[foundation-board] Informal notes and actions from yesterday's OKFN board meeting
laura.james at okfn.org
Wed May 16 09:24:05 UTC 2012
Please find informal notes from yesterday's meeting on the board wiki:
http://board.okfn.org/BoardMeetings/2012-05-15 Feel free to make any
alterations if I have captured things incorrectly.
Actions are listed below.
Incomplete actions from December 2011 board meeting
- [LJ with support from JK] Preparation / examination of employeeing
people (what processes would be required, how it would affect costs
long-term, who would be interested / eligible) including legal obligations
(eg maternity, sickness, pensions, greivance procedures etc would all need
to be considered)
Incomplete actions from March 2012 board meeting
- [LJ] Ensure we have a paper filing system that meets our needs
- [LJ] Explore payment and purchasing options to address various
challenges (not high priority)
- [RP] Arrange removal of JH from bank account and any necessary
New actions from May 2012 board meeting
- [LJ] Provide financial forecast model (estimated early June)
- [LJ] Circulate response from Swiss local group to board feedback on
- [RP] Write document outlining the how/what/why of Chapters. kat and
CHapters and local groups to be engaged so that the question "why do people
want to become chapters" can be answered.
- [JC] Talk to Jordan about chapter issues and determine if JH wishes to
veto the motion approved around Swiss and Belgian chapters.
- [LJ] if Jordan does not veto, move to get signatures on MOU for
Switzerland and Belgium
- [MK] Engage with executive team and push forwards to a chapter
strategy or plan to deliver the same, in the next 2 weeks. RP to assist.
[LJ] Clarify situation around Austrian chapter & inform board
- [LJ] Ensure Finnish local group question is addressed once chapter
strategy or plan has progressed
- [LJ/MD] revise strategy plan in light of board feedback
- [LJ/RP/MD] Begin execution of strategy plan with announcement to
community before 18th may
Dr Laura James
Foundation Coordinator, Open Knowledge Foundation
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the foundation-board