[foundation-board] Electronic resolutions of the board

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Fri May 25 10:18:56 UTC 2012

Some question about the approvals needed for board resolutions to be
confirmed in writing electronically was raised by Martin.

Having consulted the Companies Act 1985 & 2006, and our articles, and
having checked with Francis, I can confirm that electronic resolutions
require a unanimous agreement, due to our Articles (the Act of 2006 has
nothing to say on this point).

As such the method we have been using to date since I joined the OKFN, of
seeking a majority approval only, does not work.

If the board would like to discuss this point please let me know and I will
add it to the agenda for 12th June.

Laura

--

Dr Laura James
Foundation Coordinator, Open Knowledge Foundation

http://okfn.org