[foundation-board] Electronic resolutions of the board

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Wed May 30 09:33:44 UTC 2012

On 30 May 2012 10:19, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> I propose we alter the Articles asap

This is one way of proceeding. But I can see the reason behind the
Articles being set up as they are: a meeting is a more synchronous
form of communication, ie, you can expect that most Board members will
have had a chance to hear the views of other members before giving
their approval. Whereas with an asynchronous form like email, there's
a danger that you might give your approval, then hear a view from
another Board member that makes you see thing differently. Of course,
another way of combating this would be individual board members
withholding their votes until their satisfied they've heard all views.

and if possible take a resolution
> at the next meeting to designate all existing majority-agreed
> electronic resolutions as valid.

Agreed - hence my suggestion that Laura compile a list of all such
decisions ahead of the June meeting.

Bests

Becky