[foundation-board] Swiss chapter application update

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed May 30 10:27:18 UTC 2012

On 30 May 2012 11:21, James Casbon <james.casbon at okfn.org> wrote:
> Yes,
>
> The feeling was we should put the process on hold if possible and await
> outcome of chapter strategy from you and MK.

OK, this was a reverse of the decision at the board meeting where we
hoped to take these forward and do the full strategy separately.
Finalizing the exact chapter strategy will take a while I imagine
(though MK may wish to weigh in here).

> We could also ask KB as what she might the impact of this hold would be on
> the relationship.

I can tell you it won't be great. Furthermore, the Swiss run their big
conf at end of June (I'm going to keynote) and this would have been a
natural point to announce their status. Not the end of the world if
this does not happen but we're going to need a really strong
explanation of why ...

Rufus