[foundation-board] Swiss chapter application update

Martin Keegan martin at no.ucant.org
Wed May 30 12:30:36 UTC 2012


so I thought we were in the situation where the board meeting was happy to
approve Switzerland and Belgium *if Jordan said that was Ok*, but this,
and the urgency of the same, hasn't really been impressed upon Jordan.

That is, we didn't feel we were able to come to a decision, and fudged it.

We're in a situation where the speed we need to operate at to maintain
momentum in the relationship with incubating chapters is a bad mismatch
for the speed at which the board takes decisions. I understand Jordan had
or has various concerns about chapters' use of our brand (one of our only
assets), but as a board we've not devoted enough time to discussing these.

We need someone (who, unlike me, has Jordan's phone number) to whip
directors harder to devote some attention to the issue.

As Rufus says, in parallel, I spent a reasonable amount of time discussing
chapters / local groups with Kat and Laura. I'll write this up tonight in
the hope that it may inform / expedite our decision-making.


More information about the foundation-board mailing list