[foundation-board] Appointment details for circulation + update

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Dec 1 13:31:07 UTC 2014

On 28 November 2014 at 23:48, Karin Christiansen <k.christiansen at party.coop>
wrote:

>  Dear All – Attached the appointment details– please can you circulate
> widely!
>

> A couple of links for reference.
>

> http://blog.okfn.org/2014/11/11/seeking-new-executive-director-at-open-knowledge/
>
> http://jobs.economist.com/job/7500/executive-director/
>

> And a few specific things
>
> 1.       @Rufus or @Laura, could someone update the deadline on the OK
> blog on this

Done.

> 2.       I still haven’t been able to contact Daniel – I have tried from
> 2 different emails and by skype invite.  Does anyone have any other contact
> for him? Or Daniel please skype me on karin16b, or text me on
> +447816839533 or email me at this or karin at karinchristiansen.org

I will follow up with Daniel.

Rufus

> 3.       We need to agree the appointment panel, PL want to start
> arranging the long listing meeting etc.  I will ask Sophia when they need
> this done by given the new timeline.
>
> 4.     Update from Sophia from PL:
>

> I just wanted to check in as agreed and let you know that things are
> progressing positively on the Open Knowledge search. At this stage we have
> contacted around 150 individuals covering community-based organisations;
> organisations focussed on transparency and open democracy; and research
> institutes/think tanks.
>

> In terms of the feedback we’ve been getting, unsurprisingly people are
> very positive and Open Knowledge does not need a lot of introduction both
> for those in the transparency environments and other organisations, it is
> very well known and the agenda clear. Some have seen it more as an external
> relations role rather and others as more operational, but I think this
> split is something we expected. And we’ve been having a few questions in
> terms of the split in responsibilities between this role and Rufus, but
> again this is what we expected.
>

> We’re currently at the stage of initial conversations with some very
> interesting potential candidates and will give you an idea of where initial
> applications are coming from in my next update. We have also received 16
> applications through the advert so far and some of these are looking
> strong, with a mix of candidates from tech, commercial and non-profit
> backgrounds.
>

> Best
>
> Karin
>

> *Karin Christiansen*
>
> General Secretary
>
> [image: rainbow]
>

>  [image: logo-horiz-wmf-purple] <http://party.coop/>
>
> 020 7367 4155
> k.christiansen at party.coop
> www.party.coop
>
> [image: cid:image003.png at 01CFEC64.8F3C6B60]
>
> From co-operative schools to community pubs, a new generation of
> co-operatives are putting ordinary people at the heart of the services they
> use.
>
> *Watch our new video to hear their stories*
> <http://party.coop/coopdifference14>

*Rufus PollockFounder and President | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock
<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> - see
how data can change the world**http://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn
<http://twitter.com/OKFN> | Open Knowledge on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |  Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>*

The Open Knowledge Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation.  It is
incorporated in England & Wales as a company limited by guarantee, with
company number 05133759.  VAT Registration № GB 984404989. Registered
office address: Open Knowledge Foundation, St John’s Innovation Centre,
Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK.