[foundation-board] Organisational development

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Fri Jun 6 18:10:31 UTC 2014

*All, Following the discussion at the last meeting, I attach a paper around
organisational development needs. This includes an outline of 3 specific
areas, and some background context. This paper, as it includes an item on
leadership evolution, is confidential. We would welcome comment and
discussion, on list and in our regular informal call slot (6:30-8:30pm next
Wednesday; I suggest we try something other than hangout for the call -
here is a link which everyone should be able to
join: https://appear.in/openknowledgeceo
<https://appear.in/openknowledgeceo> ). In terms of next steps, there are
two parallel activities. Firstly, we are talking with potential funders of
organisational development; Karin has been working on this, and Rufus and I
had two calls recently with Janet Haven of OSF, who was keen to support us
on this. She would like to see an outline of what is planned as soon as
possible and I look forward to your input on whether the attached, or some
variant, is ready to share. Also, when the board are happy with this we
should share this with Martin Tisné in his role as board observer - I have
not CCd him here. Secondly, we would like to start to identify people who
may be able to assist with one or more of the 3 areas of development. We
are in touch with thirdspacecoaching.com <http://thirdspacecoaching.com>
and hope to have a call with them shortly; and we have an existing link
with Claire Davis at Canonical whom I think Helen is following up with.
Further suggestions would be most welcome. Best regards,Laura*