[foundation-board] Process and Timeline summary for ED appointment

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Nov 17 17:05:55 UTC 2014

Hi All,

As per action at Board meeting last week here is a summary of the process
and timeline re ED appointment for sharing with the team (and possibly
publicly on our wiki - to inform community).

If people are happy (please let me know in the next 2d or so), I plan to
circulate this to team (and post) asap.

Rufus

Process (and timeline):

   -

   Giving input into brief: Board + SMT + some team + Community
   Representative
   -

   Open call for candidates [8th Dec]
   -

   Longlist + shortlist generation: Search firm + some others [Dec-Jan]
   -

      Longlist interviewing (recommendation): Search firm will do this
      -

      Shortlist interviews (recommendation): Community Representative +
      Board (subset) + President
      -

   Staff interview (of final 1 or 2 candidates) by selected staff subgroup
   (recommendation) [Jan]
   -

   Final decision: Board [Jan]

*[This part is probably not on the wiki] Aim is to get fantastic
short-list. Timeline as stated is what we aim for - obviously we will
always keep going to get the best pool possible.*

--

*Rufus PollockFounder and President | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock
<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> - see

The Open Knowledge Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation.  It is
incorporated in England & Wales as a company limited by guarantee, with
company number 05133759.  VAT Registration № GB 984404989. Registered
office address: Open Knowledge Foundation, St John’s Innovation Centre,
Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK.