[foundation-board] Process and Timeline summary for ED appointment

Karin Christiansen k.christiansen at party.coop
Sat Nov 22 15:45:20 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Jane has requested I take over the ED lead, so just to update you on the timetable for the ED recruitment after my conversation with Sophia at PL.

Key parts of Sophia’s email below to Jane, Rufus and me.

"•	We agreed that given the upcoming lull over Christmas that the fact that we will want to give candidates enough time to receive the appointment details and then consider the role, we will postpone the Longlist Review meeting until January 2015. We feel that this is worth it to ensure we can present you with a strong field. We will continue working from now and throughout December.
•	We have attached an amended timetable that keeps in mind Karin’s travel schedule also, do let us know if that week will work for the three of you – and we will wait to hear regarding anyone else who should be a part of the panel.
•	(In the appointment details) the date will shift to the start of January so that candidates who we contact through the end of November and December do not get spooked. However the advert will come down on 8th December as agreed already – this still means we have covered UKVI policies regarding advertising."

Main priority is making sure people are in touch with PL and are applying.  Can I request a major push on that - perhaps with the designed paper again next week

Daniel, I will give you a shout separately to discuss process issues you raised.

Best
Karin