[foundation-board] Draft announcement for Team and then Wider Public

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Sep 12 17:20:08 UTC 2014

On 12 September 2014 14:53, Karin Christiansen <k.christiansen at party.coop>
wrote:

>  Thanks all.
>

> Can I suggest a next step.  Partly as I feel I have been part of a series
> of drafting exercises on this already.  The message was agreed months ago
> on this (I think) and Rufus and Laura have already involved the SMT in
> those discussion at some length. It is fortunately pretty much as Jane has
> set out, and Laura’s email suggests and positive tone etc.

Agreed (and Jane's summary was excellent).

> *Rufus* – can you go back to those existing document and take on board
> what has been written here.  Think of it as the draft of “lines to take”
> rather than a press statement and that does need to include FAQs.  Given
> you have a meeting with Penny and Laura,

Agreed. We also spoke with Penny from Omidyar just now and had similar
direction. I plan to work on this this weekend and then share as early as
possible next week.

Regards,

Rufus

> perhaps use that to agree what the questions and answers are and do get
> that agreed between you before resending it.  The audience for this right
> now, is the board, you and Laura, and then the SMT. Getting everyone on the
> same page is the priority right now.
>

> When this has happened we can figure out timing of release.
>

> In terms of a board call – it is me that is suggesting that call for my
> own needs, rather than to agree anything.  And yes probably a doodle will
> do.
>

> Best
>
> Karin

*Rufus PollockFounder and President | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock
<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> - see
how data can change the world**http://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn
<http://twitter.com/OKFN> | Open Knowledge on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |  Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>*

The Open Knowledge Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation.  It is
incorporated in England & Wales as a company limited by guarantee, with
company number 05133759.  VAT Registration № GB 984404989. Registered
office address: Open Knowledge Foundation, St John’s Innovation Centre,
Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK.