[foundation-board] Draft announcement for Team and then Wider Public

Karin Christiansen k.christiansen at party.coop
Fri Sep 12 13:53:54 UTC 2014

Thanks all.

Can I suggest a next step.  Partly as I feel I have been part of a series of drafting exercises on this already.  The message was agreed months ago on this (I think) and Rufus and Laura have already involved the SMT in those discussion at some length. It is fortunately pretty much as Jane has set out, and Laura’s email suggests and positive tone etc.

Rufus – can you go back to those existing document and take on board what has been written here.  Think of it as the draft of “lines to take” rather than a press statement and that does need to include FAQs.  Given you have a meeting with Penny and Laura, perhaps use that to agree what the questions and answers are and do get that agreed between you before resending it.  The audience for this right now, is the board, you and Laura, and then the SMT. Getting everyone on the same page is the priority right now.

When this has happened we can figure out timing of release.

In terms of a board call – it is me that is suggesting that call for my own needs, rather than to agree anything.  And yes probably a doodle will do.

Best
Karin