[foundation-board] New CEO is signed! [Confidential until public announce]

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Apr 22 19:23:59 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I wanted to inform the Board that following the response from the Board I
proceeded to close with the CEO candidate today. I would like to say I'm
absolutely delighted and also wanted to express deep appreciation to the
Board, especially the Board ED Recruitment subgroup led by Karin, for all
their efforts here.

NOTE: this information will remain *confidential* until we announce
publicly (intention is next Tuesday).

@Karin (and any other interested board members): I propose we work on a
short draft for the PR emphasizing "major step for Open Knowledge",
"delighted to have PR on board" etc. I will follow up separately and off
the board list so please let me know if you would like to have input.

What was agreed with Pavel. We ultimately agreed on Option 2: Employment
from 1st September, Contract for Services until then (full time from 1st
June). I think this is a good outcome and it is quite clear that Pavel is
fully committed and very excited. I did have some important additional
notes (which I agreed with him and will put in writing in email to him):

- RP flagged that if contract were novated later e.g. in September to
change location to Berlin there would likely have some implication re
compensation (and adjustment would be downwards)
- Were both clear we were not negotiating this now. This would be something
to discussed if, and when, it arose. PR understood reasoning (living costs,
social security costs) and was clear that this had been flagged - but that
neither party was seeking formal resolution now.

Regards,

*Rufus PollockFounder and President | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock
<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> - see
how data can change the world**http://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn