[foundation-board] New CEO is signed! [Confidential until public announce]

Jane Silber jane.silber at canonical.com
Wed Apr 22 19:57:31 UTC 2015

Congratulations Rufus!  This is an exciting and important milestone for Open Knowledge, and I'm confident that we'll see great things happen as a result of this appointment.

Best,
Jane

-----------
Jane Silber / CEO / Canonical
+44 7899 891943 (m) / +44 207 6302472 (o)

I wanted to inform the Board that following the response from the Board I proceeded to close with the CEO candidate today. I would like to say I'm absolutely delighted and also wanted to express deep appreciation to the Board, especially the Board ED Recruitment subgroup led by Karin, for all their efforts here.

NOTE: this information will remain confidential until we announce publicly (intention is next Tuesday).

@Karin (and any other interested board members): I propose we work on a short draft for the PR emphasizing "major step for Open Knowledge", "delighted to have PR on board" etc. I will follow up separately and off the board list so please let me know if you would like to have input.

What was agreed with Pavel. We ultimately agreed on Option 2: Employment from 1st September, Contract for Services until then (full time from 1st June). I think this is a good outcome and it is quite clear that Pavel is fully committed and very excited. I did have some important additional notes (which I agreed with him and will put in writing in email to him):

- RP flagged that if contract were novated later e.g. in September to change location to Berlin there would likely have some implication re compensation (and adjustment would be downwards)
- Were both clear we were not negotiating this now. This would be something to discussed if, and when, it arose. PR understood reasoning (living costs, social security costs) and was clear that this had been flagged - but that neither party was seeking formal resolution now.

Regards,

Rufus Pollock
Founder and President  |  skype: rufuspollock  |  @rufuspollock
Open Knowledge - see how data can change the world
http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn  |  Open Knowledge on Facebook  |  Blog