[foundation-board] Sander on sick leave for a longer period

Pavel Richter pavel.richter at okfn.org
Thu Jun 30 18:42:13 UTC 2016

Dear Members of the Board,

I have to inform you that Sander called in sick late last week. He suffers
from a severe case of burn-out.

Sander was contemplating to attend this week's all hands summit in Berlin,
but both Mark and I advised him to listen to his doctors and take sick
leave immediately. This is what he did.

Sander is off for initialley 4 weeks, but both he and I do not really
expect him to come back at that time. We will plan for him to be away for
several months, at least.

Since Sander informed us on Friday last week, Mark and I are working,
together with project managers, on how to manage the situation. I will take
over some of his tasks, as will our new Portfolio Manager, Steven Abbott
Pugh.

Financially, the impact for OKI is minimal: After 4 weeks of pay, our
insurance will cover all costs for up to two years.

I will keep you updated of any developments. If you have any advice or know
of someone we could speak to to support us in the meantime, this would
really be appreciated.

--
Kind regards

Pavel Richter