[foundation-board] Viderum Budget Proposal

Hubbard, Tim tim.hubbard at kcl.ac.uk
Wed May 11 13:51:19 UTC 2016

A few comments on the Viderum proposal.

On the point about supporting Viderum from OKI funds in the absence of VP money, I am not very comfortable.  The objective was to spin it out to separate its commercial activities from OKI while given the opportunity for CKAN to continue to be supported and develop. Previously the assumption has been that profits would return to OKI.  A short term loan from OKI to Viderum maybe the only way forward, however as others have said, this shouldn’t turn into repeating requests for support.

Looking at the Viderum slides for today’s meeting, addressing the weaknesses identified around codebase is going to require substantial effort. I think Viderum should focus on quick wins for the moment and only work on long term development efforts once revenue from sales is able to support this. i.e. any loans from OKI should not support long term development activity.

Best wishes,

Tim