[foundation-board] OKI Board meeting 17/01 minutes

Naomi Lillie naomi.lillie at okfn.org
Wed Jan 31 09:12:29 UTC 2018

Re Advisory Council - in that case I think we're fine, as the page about AC
https://okfn.org/team/governance/ gives info without listing individuals.
I'll remove the action from the minutes.

Re Viderum Board, I'll change the wording to reflect this

Thank you both!

On 30 January 2018 at 18:11, Karin Christiansen <karin at karinchristiansen.org
> wrote:

> In line.
>
> On 29 January 2018 at 15:35, Naomi Lillie <naomi.lillie at okfn.org> wrote:
>
>> Thanks very much for your reply Tim - much appreciated. I'll amend as
>> you've suggested, aside from the below where I need some help.
>>
>> Karin, please could you advise re points 4 & 7?
>>
>> -- 4. "unless the Viderum Board chooses to remove this” - I’m not sure
>> this is correct - Viderum shouldn’t be able to reduce their attendance -
>> its should be only the OKI board that can do that.  Was the meaning that no
>> less than 3 times, but could be more if Viderum Board wished?
>>

> Does quite sound right, how about 3 time a year and changes agreed between
> us?
>

>> I can't really comment on this, as I noted what I (thought I) heard and
>> understood.
>>
>> -- 7. "NL to remove link to Advisory Council from website as part of
>> Board recruitment process” - was this the action?  The intension is to
>> revise/revamp. Since the minutes will be public and no one (I think is
>> connecting the advisory board members), perhaps this should be rephrased. I
>> thought the problem I raised was that some of the webpage links were dead.
>>

> Agreed
>
>> I could add a comment to the preceding paragraph, to say that we need to
>> represent the Adv.C accurately and so will update as part of the steps
>> undertaken when Leadership have determined next steps around engagement,
>> and for now will make sure no inaccurate info is displayed - is that (more
>> elegantly worded) sufficient?
>>
> Just update the website to be accurate, not sure we need to mention the
> Advisory committee at all. Has it been updated?
>

>> Thanks,
>> Naomi
>>

>> On 28 January 2018 at 14:44, Tim Hubbard <timjph at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Naomi,
>>>
>>> Looks good but a few corrections/queries/suggestions (I can’t edit, so
>>> noted here).
>>> 1. I was actually at the meeting at Canonical, not using GoToMeeting
>>> 2. don’t know what "after a brief absence from meetings” meant.
>>> 3. "raised some opportunities” -> “suggested some potential
>>> opportunities"