[foundation-board] OKI Board meeting and induction next week - agenda and papers

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Jul 18 16:29:29 UTC 2018

Dear Naomi (and all others who contributed),

Thanks very much, this is great.

I've made a few comments in a couple of the financial docs, but the key one
is worth repeating here. For me, I'd find it very useful to key a key
summary in the financial narrative on:

- Current run rate (cash burn per quarter for last 2-4 Q and next 2-3Q) and
staff (employee + contractor) numbers associated with these (e.g. table by
quarter)
- When do our unrestricted grants roll-off and what is impact
- What is our projected cash flow / income in next 6-12m separating certain
income from probable based on pipeline (and compared to projected
expenditure)
  - If expenditure exceeds expected income what steps we are taking re
costs and income (we already have the pipeline for a sense of we are doing
to grow income though)

Apologies if I have missed this somewhere!

Rufus

On 18 July 2018 at 10:12, Naomi Lillie <naomi.lillie at okfn.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> In preparation for next week's *Board meeting*, please see papers for
> review via the following links:
>
> Strategy refresh
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EMxVt0T2ooQR9Wil3Eiu2dqnuPEHv7h84KBk7gt-aH4/>
> Risk register
> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17yxTx3NijEWnvafORgkhrqrlwQYs7IFs95172R4TnjU/>
> Finance report
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AEiHhGDj4dWA-ryQkuYCKDutLp-MlphDVb4rOsv7GE0/>
> Balance sheet
> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fd3nqhdOkoP1uoqziKZ8EmJECwHozULYTO-84bH8DIs/>
> Profit & loss
> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vxQ78HA_2IHK8qJnog5pSzGwM-d6SjrrvAGgkmebyWI/>
> Cashflow narrative
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qyx5JI_aR-EtwyKBqsz_j6IKw8q2L-jlx6-0fDBl-K0/>
> Funding pipeline
> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16VfxP2eKa8-sd9OpKq8nezG7QpwG2BJXhPuIb4uX708/edit#gid=29>
> Delivery update
> <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JhSGFMTx4hRn0Zt6mVHL2o1EXfbU27QdaTfSxTzZ2z8/>
> Viderum update
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6X9Qo8Zc8QhUS1PWGN5WG9FbEJlSll4RVRwMmhSSTZJaEh3/>
> CEO terms of reference
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v-etRmRSLGVgaRBxPqtgwtRGXo_bqiUEEAd3w1WBaE8/>
>
> Please note it is expected you will have read through this information
> before the meeting itself, in order to make the most of the discussion time
> together.
>
> All these documents are linked from the Board Slides
> <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZMIMpLuWwo2AAZw-UkPs20thBmUSwry3PV7KuLWCdqk/>,
> which may iterate a little between now and Tuesday. Also, there is further
> detail about the recently closed projects on the Opportunity update slide
> <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZMIMpLuWwo2AAZw-UkPs20thBmUSwry3PV7KuLWCdqk/edit#slide=id.g3d6abefad6_0_332>
> .
>
> Please let me know if there are any further topics to cover, or
> information to share.
>

> The arrangements for the *Board induction* are mostly as shared
> previously, as per the induction afternoon draft plan document
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ulKCSZeuqY1rwwv1vdyvzfJT0EZBSCWH1zxriIuTRmY/edit#>.
> If you have feedback on this (beyond 'gosh that's a lot to get through'!)
> then please let us know.
>

> You should have received a calendar invitation to the above, which
> includes the venue location as well as link for joining remotely (for Ira
> and Rufus). If you don't have that, please shout.
>
> If you have any questions in the meantime then I would be delighted to
> hear from you!
>
> Thank you,
> Naomi
>

> --
>
> Naomi Lillie
>
> Executive Assistant

> [...]

*Rufus Pollock - https://rufuspollock.com/ <https://rufuspollock.com/>+44
07795 176 976 | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock
<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>Founder and President, Open Knowledge
International <http://okfn.org/> - An information age that works for
everyonehttp://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn
<http://twitter.com/OKFN> | Open Knowledge on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |  Blog
<http://blog.okfn.org/>Shuttleworth and Ashoka Fellow Previously Mead
Fellow in Economics at the University of Cambridge*