[geo-discuss] getmapping aerial data

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Fri Apr 8 16:12:28 UTC 2005

rofl :)

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 01:55:01PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> Exactly the point of the OKFN geo project: to provide a respectable
> non-flaky umbrella for all the various open/free mapping projects.

Absolutely. Rufus / Zool / Steve playing Alec Guiness playing himself
would be a great combo. As much as I appreciate being considered good at
'seeming plausible and respectable', the question is then - a plausible
and respectable *what*. I think it's perfectly clear where this comes
from - an energetic, frustrated geogeek coalition, backed by okfn is what
we are and what we can appear to be - the fact that these people are
registering and contacting us validates the fat that appearance and
reality are and should be the same thing.

Saul.