[geo-discuss] Re: [Fwd: RE: Forum on Open Geodata]

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Tue Apr 19 17:04:44 UTC 2005

It depends on the hardware, chipset, battery life, requirements...

There are bits that Jo put up on www.openstreetmap.org/wiki for dealing
with handheld units.

There was some discussion about on the openstreetmap mailing list.
Probably better to ask there as there are quite a few people who are
taking tracks using different things. Some people even use windows!

What I use is listed here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/MakingTracksWithHomebrewWare

And I think there is more depth in the mailing list archive. I've been
meaning to put a howto together for what I do with the laptop...

* @ 19/04/05 12:05:59 PM rufus.pollock at okfn.org wrote:
> Dear Steve,
>
> Do you (or anyone else) have any pointers on this or even a ready-made
> howto on getting up and running with a GPS unit and software ...
>
> Regards,
>
> Rufus

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/