[geo-discuss] Creative Commons-style License for GIS data

Giles Lane giles at proboscis.org.uk
Wed Apr 20 13:34:37 UTC 2005

I mentioned during my talk on Thursday's panel that I'd recently
proposed a Non-Profit, Non-Commercial Creative Commons-style license to
the Ordnance Survey as a model they might like to consider
investigating for providing free public access to their GIS data.

Rufus has posted a copy of the document on the Open GeoData page for
people to download -- I hope this is useful in stimulating  further
discussion:
  http://www.okfn.org/geo/geodata_cc_license_draft.rtf

* I was helped in drafting this by the Programme in Comparative Law at
the University of Oxford, who led the project to harmonise Creative
Commons with UK Law:
http://www.creativecommons.org.uk/about.php

Giles

Giles Lane
Proboscis

2 Ormonde Mansions, 100A Southampton Row, London WC1B 4BJ
T:	020 7209 4042			M:	07711 069 569
E:	giles at proboscis.org.uk		W:	http://proboscis.org.uk