[geo-discuss] [Peter.Wicks at cec.eu.int: RE: Inspire compromise]

Benjamin Henrion bh at udev.org
Thu Aug 10 10:21:53 UTC 2006

----- Forwarded message from Peter.Wicks at cec.eu.int -----

From: Peter.Wicks at cec.eu.int
To: bh at udev.org
Subject: RE: Inspire compromise
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:45:44 +0200

Dear colleague,

Thanks for your message. I am indeed confident that Council and Parliament
will come to agreement on this important directive because I am convinced
that there is a general consensus behind the general aims of the directive.
You will understand that I can't make detailed predictions about what the
final compromise will look like on specific amendments. From the
Commission's point of view (as expressed by Commissioner Dimas during the
Plenary vote in June), amendment 21 is acceptable in principle and I would
expect some compromise wording between the current Council and Parliament
positions to be found. Amendment 27 is,  again from the Commission point of
view, acceptable in full.

With best regards,
Peter Wicks