[geo-discuss] Geodata in CKAN and collaboration (was Re: Responding to the consultation on opening Ordnance Survey's data)

andrea giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 05:20:42 UTC 2010

Hi Jo -

"long time, no mail", but it's good to see that geo-things have been going on.

I like the idea you propose, also because I am also in the case where
"I've talked with a few people recently about ways of bootstrapping
collaboration on innovative geo stuff".

Among others, I attended one of the CKAN IRC meetings (finally, after
having been on the main CKAN list for a couple of years).

I can't anticipate to what level we may be developing things from
Italy, but I see that there is an interest to conduct some work. (I
also found that other close geo-acquaintances of mine have entered the
CKAN radar).

We'll see where this takes us - surely we will have some news before
Spring breaks.

Un saluto

Andrea Giacomelli
http://www.pibinko.org

2010/1/24 Jo Walsh <jo at frot.org>:
> dear all,
>
> Apologies for the spam just now.
>
> I realise I talked about closing this list down, it had its day etc.
> I thought this might be worth circulating, though.
>
> I've talked with a few people recently about ways of bootstrapping
> collaboration on innovative geo stuff and improving the package metadata and
> creating downloadable packages for entries on CKAN.net.
......>