[Getthedata-discuss] Feed tweeter for GetTheData

David Pidsley davidpids at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 17:00:25 UTC 2011

Hi All,

"How can I follow new questions posted on
http://getthedata.org?<http://getthedata.org/questions/494/how-can-i-follow-new-questions-posted-on-httpgetthedataorg>
"

One measure of the success of GetTheData.org is the percentage of questions
which are answered or commented on. In order to increase the odds of
individuals answering question, they may like to know when new questions
arrive. Other than suggesting people use an RSS Reader, how might we best
encourage subscriptions to the new questions feed?

One option is to follow @dataquestions <http://twitter.com/dataquestions> on
Twitter. It is an unofficial automatic tweeter using the GetTheData.org RSS
Feed to share data related questions on Twitter.

Generally, there is no reason why all major feeds on all okfn.org related
websites should not be tweeted on dedicated or aggregated feed tweeters.
@NewCharity <http://twitter.com/newcharity> is a similar tweeter I setup in
October <http://davidpidsley.com/newcharity> for OpenCharities.org. It might
be useful to have a bank of email aliases available for creating new Twitter
accounts. There is a question of managing DMs to these accounts, so perhaps
the email address could drive automatic updates to a email group / list, but
that is a secondary issue.

With @dataquestions <http://twitter.com/dataquestions>, I hope this might be
a good way to achieve a higher question to answer ratio
from the community.

Please feel free to get in contact if you want to discuss this or other
topics.

Kindest regards,

David

David Pidsley
Linking civil society open data & communities

davidpids at gmail.com
Mobile: 07967 488604
Skype: davidpids
Twitter.com/davidpidsley <http://twitter.com/davidpidsley>