[Getthedata-discuss] Feed tweeter for GetTheData

Tony Hirst a.j.hirst at open.ac.uk
Thu Mar 17 11:51:02 UTC 2011

Firstly - thanks for setting up the twitterbot David :-)

Rufus - i'm not sure what effect include upper/lower sidebar panels has on
site, but I wonder - should we maybe have a link in the sidebar along lines of
"Track new questions via [@dataquestions] "

I also wonder about whter we could/should syndicate a search on #getTheData in
a sidebar?

 I'll start looking at pulling together a google custom search engine as well.
As part of this, I wonder if there's a way we can mine all questions and
answers (possibly along with vote count) for links to external sites. This
could be used to seed a CSE that searches over sites and/or pages referenced
form q and a, and maybe even boost/tweak rankings based on the number of votes
received by a q or a?

tony

Tony Hirst
mailto:a.j.hirst at open.ac.uk
blog: http://blog.ouseful.info
twitter: @psychemedia
bio: http://blog.ouseful.info/about

Dept. of Communication & Systems,
The Open University, Walton Hall,
Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, UK

Tel: +44 (0)19086 52789, m./SMS 07771 330 372

The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt
charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302)