[humanities-dev] API docs etc for Textus

Tom Oinn tom.oinn at okfn.org
Mon Jun 18 14:15:17 UTC 2012

Hi Rufus,

The API could do with more documentation, but it's something of a
moving target at the moment. The source is commented but I'm aware
that's not the same as a proper overview.

The domain model is partially documented in the import specification,
and the tools act as examples up to a point. There could certainly be
more though.

At the moment we're not using github issues to plan work - it's mostly
done by Sam and I chatting, or by dialogue at events such as the
biblioHack (which was excellent and extremely useful btw). There's
less visible planning than some projects simply because thus far I've
been the only developer so the easy route is to plan on bits of
paper... So there is quite a lot of coordination happening but it's
almost entirely through mechanisms which leave no trace (skype, face
to face chats in Indigo primarily). That and feedback on the weekly
openAcademia calls which should be accumulating etherpad trails IIRC.

I'm planning to write up a blog post today explaining how we're going
to deal with bibliographic references across Textus, I'm expecting
that and personalisation to consume at least the next couple of weeks
of time up to the next workshop(s).

--
Tom Oinn
+44 (0) 20 8123 5142 or Skype ID 'tomoinn'