[humanities-dev] Update on TEXTUS and Open Literature

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Fri Oct 5 11:45:34 UTC 2012

Dear All,

Earlier this week Iain Emsley, James Harriman-Smith, Rufus Pollock and
myself met to discuss some issues around TEXTUS and Open Literature and how
to move them forward.

On that call it was decided that TEXTUS would be implemented on
http://openliterature.net, potentially embedded into Wordpress, and that a
number of steps needed to be taken in order to do migration.

Two tasks need to be completed in order to do this:

   - Consolidate the data we already haveon Open Shakespeare and Open
   Correspondence
   - Write documentation for the TEXTUS back-end - this will also allows us
   to work out feasibility of embedding TEXTUS in WordPress

Iain Emsley will be working on those two, tasks but I'm sure he'd very much
appreciate help from anyone on this list.

We aim then in *November* to move all texts over to the new TEXTUS instance
on http://openliterature.net.

All the best,
Sam

--