[iRail] Report Meeting 7/12/2010

Jan Fabry jan.fabry at monkeyman.be
Thu Dec 9 11:39:34 UTC 2010

On 09 Dec 2010, at 12:28, Louis de Decker wrote:

> I'll document the chat api asap (hope to get this done by this Wend max) so other developers can play with it.

Do we want to include the chat functionality in the "core" API, or split it off? The same server could implement both APIs of course, but it would increase the burden on another implementor if they want to host the API for another country, and also have to host the chat stuff. Also, the chat functionality probably is not linked to train information, so we could have different iRail API providers for Belgium, The Netherlands, France, ... but all applications can use one shared chat provider, as long as they use unique train IDs to group the chats.

> I activated the app in the appstore, and it is now available : itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/betrains/id403631462?mt=8
> (or by typing betrains in the appstore search box :))

Argh, it requires iOS 4.1! Is that really necessary, or just a default setting that has not been changed? Don't let the 1st gen iPhone users out in the cold!

Thanks for all the work,

Jan Fabry