[iRail] new betrains look&feel

Louis de Decker louisdedecker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 09:22:56 UTC 2010

Hi list

it's especially Julien who did a nice job (I just uploaded the files you
know :))

The website is of course important to communicate about the project,
everyboy should be happy with it.
It's important to define

    * the functionnalities of the site
    * who does what
    * how we'll make the decisions about it

Julien made a layout of the site, everybody saw it some time ago. I was
asked to upload it, and now suddenly everybody has feedback :)
I'm not worried, I always get this in the web agency I work for :)

So I think we should begin to define the functionalities of the site
before having Julien make any more changes.

    * structure
          o home
                + android detail page
                + iPhone detail page
                + maemo detail page
                + samsung detail page
                + windows phone detail page
                + playbook detail page
                + ... something else ?
    * functionalities :
          o Pieter for example you hate the feedback button, I actually
            think it's the main feature of the site, as this gives the
            opportunity for the users to pass some ideas about how to
            improve the project. What do the other think about that ?
          o lightweigh site : excellent idea Pieter
          o home : how many phones do you want to show ? Personnaly I
            like the idea of showing immediately a lot of phones, but
            I'm afraid that with new phones coming in the future if will
            be difficult to show them all at once. If there's any Jquery
            ninja coder amongst us, he could find a super neat
            coverflow-thingy-plugin to use ?
    * hosting : betrains.com is hosted on my little hosting here. I
      don't mind giving access to it to the person who wants to be in
      charge of the site integration/maintenance (For the record, I
      don't specially want to do this, I already have a lot of work :))
    * updates : why wouldn't we use a wordpress system so everybody
      could change the content of their pages ?
          o wouldn't it be easier to update content instead of using the
            github ? (I still can't use it... and i think I'm not the
            only one)
          o there are some mobile templates so the site automatically
            switches when you visit it from a mobile (duh!)
          o has somebody some experience using/tweaking a wordpress
            template ?

merry Christmas ! :)
Louis