[iRail] Activating all the adresses for irail.

flo orangeman at teleportr.org
Wed Nov 3 17:38:12 UTC 2010

> Any chance you can do that for us?
Yes of course! always happy to engage with iRail :-)
but it wasn't really me who did this but rather the osm community

> what is the fastest way to parse?
the xml output is standard rails scaffold
but you can output anything you want, eg:
http://teleportr.org:3000/countries/DE/states/2950157/stations.xml
http://dev.c-base.org/teleportr/server/blobs/master/app/views/places/index.xml.builder

> Do you remember how you got this list?
yes I do remember :-) it was an ugly slow ruby script
http://dev.c-base.org/teleportr/server/blobs/master/lib/tasks/osm_import.rake

I would not recommend using the data and/or that script as is (without
enhancing)
as at that time it has been a quick (&dirty) proof-of-concept for Fahrplan-1.0
http://andforge.net/2009/erster-fahrplan-auf-android
it is looong out of date.

Openstreetmap has improved ever since and established a more
consistent (but rather complex) tagging scheme
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Oxomoa/Public_transport_schema
I always wanted to do this station-extraction-thing again and do it right,
but also felt that this is something that every transit developer needs,
something that is best done in a collaborative community effort
your iRail community is a perfect fit to do it right :-)
also transiki is very exciting in this regard!
currently in the discussion of how to
import gtfs and osm stations...
see you there?

flo